|About this wet, but not as cross!|
- Carefully place the saddle (plus numnah) on the horse's back, a bit further back than you would place a regular saddle.
- Take the main girth and attach it to the bottom holes of the second and fourth girth straps (counting from the front) on the near/left side of the saddle (underneath where your legs will be).
- Go round to the off side and attach the same girth to the bottom holes of the first and second girth straps (counting from the front again).
- Go back to the near side and tighten the first girth as much as possible - once you're on board it isn't possible to make any adjustments to this side so do them now while you can!
- Take the balance strap (a long, thin girth) and attach the flattest end to the first girth strap on the near side.
- Pass the balance strap through a loop on the underside of the first girth, then bring it up to attach across the horse's flank to the fourth girth strap (from the horse's head) on the off side, across the horse's flank. Tighten it as far as possible on the near side.
- Now there's only one more girth to go! It is already attached on the near side (it's sewn in) so pass it through the loop on the first girth then go to the off side and fasten it to the remaining girth strap there - which should be the second one.
|Philippa attaching girth 1 to the 1st and 3rd straps on the off side.|
|I seem to grin a lot when I ride him, anyway!|
|Bring it on!|